SmartCon specializes in designing, installing, and programming occupancy-based HVAC controls and lighting solutions to reduce energy costs in the hospitality, multi-family, military, and higher education markets. We provide an exceptional customer experience through our products and services, and our corporate culture focuses on providing customers with excellent service.
SmartCon is looking for an Inside Sales – Bid Specialist who thrives in a fast-paced environment and takes pride in their work. We are looking for an experienced, organized, prompt, positive, and customer-focused candidate.The candidate will serve as an integral part of the Sales Team by ensuring SmartCon Solutions is engaged with every opportunity that requires our occupancy-based HVAC and Lighting controls.
Our ideal candidate has HVAC and lighting controls experience and understands the process of bidding opportunities as a subcontractor.
- Present and sell company products and services in accordance with assigned goals and objectives as given. Identify new construction and renovation opportunities by utilizing database tools like ConstructConnect, BuildingConnected, or others as directed.
- The Bid Specialist will identify opportunities where SmartCon Solutions is specified as a preferred or required Systems Integrator and contact all relevant General Contractors, Mechanical Contractors, and Electrical Contractors to ensure a bid or quote is submitted in an accurate and timely manner.
- The Inside Sales – Bid Specialist will meet or exceed sales quotas and objectives assigned to the annual sales plan.
- Inform on competitive activities and overall market conditions.
- Always represent the company positively, taking care to build and maintain a highly regarded image.
- Minimum 2 years of HVAC controls sales experience and a thorough understanding of the construction bid process.
- Associate degree or relative trade school certification, education, or related job experience.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Experience in HVAC controls or a related field.
- Experience with InnCom, Telkonet, Lutron MyRoom, Lutron HomeWorks, Control4, Crestron, BACnet preferred
- Monthly Health Care allowance offered for primary and supplemental healthcare
- Annual performance bonus
- Earning potential is based on experience and company performance.
- This role offers an outstanding opportunity for advancement.