SmartCon specializes in designing, installing, and programming occupancy-based HVAC controls and lighting solutions to reduce energy costs in the hospitality, multi-family, military, and higher education markets. We provide an exceptional customer experience through our products and services. Our corporate culture focuses on providing customers with excellent service.
SmartCon is looking for an Estimator who takes pride in their job. We are looking for a candidate who has experience estimating Building Automation/Lighting Solutions, is organized, prompt, positive, and customer-focused.
The candidate will provide estimating and proposal development services and report to SmartCon’s Sales Director. The candidate will be factory trained and certified.
Our ideal candidate has extensive experience with estimating HVAC and lighting controls solutions. Earning potential is based on experience and company performance.
- Analyzing specification documents, blueprints and project plans to gain a thorough understanding of the project
- Determining what factors of production will influence the cost of a service or product
- Preparing material estimates and cost estimates for the product or service
- Creating labor estimates for any project
- Developing and maintaining relationships with company vendors and contractors
- Managing bids from vendors and contractors
- Using bid data to prepare detailed a cost analysis
- Presenting prepared estimates to management and other stakeholders
- Compiling and recording actual costs
- Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, codes, and professional standards.
- Minimum of five years of building automation/Lighting estimating experience
- Associate degree or relative trade school certification, education, or related job experience.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Experience in HVAC controls, Building Automation, or a related field.
- Experience with AutoCAD, InnCom, Telkonet, Lutron MyRoom, Lutron HomeWorks, Control4, Crestron, BACnet preferred,
- Monthly Health Care allowance offered for primary and supplemental healthcare
- Annual performance bonus